I honestly don’t really know what to even call this dish so I’m calling it “lazy chicken”. Why is it lazy? because one day I was tired, hungry and knew I needed to get in a bit more protein for the day but didn’t want to just scarf down chicken breast. I opened my fridge & pantry, threw some stuff together and this was the results.
Coming in at only 366 calories and a whopping 66g of protein this has been a 1 pot staple of mine thats ready to eat in 15-20 minutes. If you want to do this even lazier – skip the tomatoes, tomato paste & garlic and throw some jar sauce into the pan after the chicken is cooked.
I also use Campari tomatoes in this recipe – you can use roma tomatoes or whatever you have on hand. If using roma tomatoes make sure to not include the “gooey seeds” part of the tomato as it’ll make this too mushy.
@lowcalkristen Super high protein / low calorie chicken that actually tastes good (even the dog approves)🔥🍗 Makes 1 Serving, 366 calories per serving, 66g protein, 4g fat, 16 carbs Ingredients 👇🏼 230g thin sliced chicken breast 100g Campari tomatoes 3 garlic cloves 150g low fat cottage cheese 2 tbsp basil 1 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper 1 tbsp tomato paste (optional) top with parm Chop: chicken, tomatoes and garlic. Set aside. Using a food processor blend together cottage cheese, basil, salt & pepper. Add chicken to a skillet over medium high heat, cook for 5 minutes on each side. Add in tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste and cottage cheese blend. Stir together & simmer until tomatoes start to break down into the mixture. IMPORTANT NOTES 👇🏼 – Parm is not included in the calorie count. I have included 1/4 a tsp of oil for cooking in my calorie counts. Make sure chicken is cooked through before adding in other ingredients. #highprotein #lowcalorie #Fitness #healthyrecipes #easyrecipe #highproteinmeals #dachshund #wirehairdachshund #macrofriendlyrecipe ♬ Einaudi: Experience – Ludovico Einaudi & Daniel Hope & I Virtuosi Italiani
Flip also helped me make this today so heres the video of us cooking together. Should we make this an entire series?
High Protein / Low Calorie Lazy ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This super easy high protein chicken dish is one of my favorite ways to get in a lot of protein really fast!
230g thin sliced chicken breast
100g (2) campari tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
150g low fat cottage cheese
2 tbsp basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp tomato paste
OPTIONAL: parmesan cheese
Chop: chicken, tomatoes and garlic. Set aside.
- Using a food processor blend together cottage cheese, basil, salt & pepper
- Add chicken to a skillet over medium high heat, cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Add in tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste and cottage cheese blend. Stir together & simmer until tomatoes start to break down into the mixture.
- optionally you can top with parmesan cheese
- I’ve made topping this with parm optional because is it really doesn’t add much to the flavor & is a lot of extra calories, personally it’s not worth it to me.
- I have not tried not blending the cottage cheese for this recipe yet. Once I do I’ll update but for the most part this is blended so it’s smooth
- When blending cottage cheese you are looking to get all the chunks out. I recommend using a food processor. Some blenders have an issue with thicker cottage cheese.
- This is REALLY basil heavy. If you don’t want in your face basil flavor cut the basil in half.