This is one of our favorite super filling low calorie dinner recipes. Some days I don’t have the energy to do a ton of prep work and a seven thousand step recipe. If we’re being honest most days I don’t. You’ll be the afterwork superstar having dinner on the table in just 20 minutes.
The star of the show in this recipe is Shirataki Penne Pasta. I personally use the Liviva brand, Locally it’s Sold at Sprouts Supermarket, it can also be purchased on amazon.
I see so many posts of people asking how to get their protein numbers up for the day without having to eat a protein bar or drink a chalky protein shake. This recipe makes 2 servings at 370 Calories per serving with a whopping 42.5g of protein, for those with higher calorie allowances you could eat both servings for 740 calories and 82g of protein.
@lowcalkristen This is one of my favorite weeknight go to’s. Dinner is on the table in under 20 minutes & I’m so full I can barely move after eating! Full recipe on Lose Weight Eat Pizza #weightloss #caloriedeficit #HolidayOREOke #cico #recipe #1200calories #loseweight #lowcalorierecipes #weightlosstips #macrosforbeginners ♬ She Share Story (for Vlog) – 山口夕依
Low Calorie High Protein Chicken Alfredo PastaCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is so easy! You’ll have dinner on the table in 20 minutes and be so stuffed you’ll spend the rest of the night on the couch!
364g lean chicken thighs (13 oz)
250g broccoli (3.5 cups)
200g Shirataki Penne (I use Liviva brand, 1 package)
124 g Alfredo Sauce (1/2 cup)
- Rinse Shiritaki Noodles thoroughly. Leave them under running water in a strainer for 2-3 minutes. Pat dry.
- Remove stems from broccoli
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste
- Add Chicken to a medium saucepan, cook for 5 minutes on each side, chop chicken once cooked.
- Add Shiritaki noodles directly into the pan you cooked your chicken in, Do not add oil to the pan. Cook for 6 minutes
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add in broccoli, cover and let cook for 2 minutes
- Strain broccoli and add into Shirataki noodles pan, also add in the chopped chicken.
- Fold together, Add all Alfredo sauce and continue folding until combined.
- Plate the dish and enjoy!
- Do not use oil to cook the Shiritaki noodles – If you use oil it will ruin the texture
- Thoroughly rinse the Shiritaki noodles before cooking
- To save time use precut broccoli
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories370
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 42.5g 85%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.