Loaded potato casserole is a dish that’s often a hit with the whole family. It’s easy to make and packed with flavor, making it a favorite among those who enjoy potatoes and cheese. This casserole is a perfect choice for any dinner occasion, whether it be for a holiday meal, Sunday dinner, or a weeknight dinner with the family. In my house we meal prep this recipe for the week. It’s such an easy recipe without a ton of steps and a great way to get in a large amount of protein. By making my loaded potato casserole recipe you’ll cut down the calories without anyone in the family noticing.
I still haven’t decided if I want to call this recipe a loaded potato casserole or a baked potato in a bowl. Maybe we’ll call it a loaded baked potato casserole recipe? Whatever we decide to call it I’m sure it will become one of your favorite recipes.
DON’T FEEL LIKE READING? CHECK OUT OUR TIKTOK VIDEO:
@lwep.recipes Cheesy potato casserole 😮💨 recipe👇 Calories / Macros: 398 calories, 40g protein, 12g fat, 31g carbs Ingredients 800g potato 18oz chicken tenderloin 1/2 tsp oil 1 tbsp garlic 1/2 tbsp paprika 2 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper 1 cup blended cottage cheese 1 cup full fat shredded cheddar 1/2 cup bacon crumbls optional: top with low fat sour cream and green onions ✨Directions✨ preheat oven to 400F dice potatoes, bake on sheet pan or in casserole dish for 40 minutes. Dice chicken, move to bowl add oil & spices. Mix. Once potatos are cooked add chicken to sheetpan, return to oven for 15 minutes. Once out of the oven add blended cottage cheese, bacon and shredded cheddar. Mix together then stick back in the oven for 5 more minutes to melt everything together. Split into 5 equal servings. #lowcalorie #lowcaloriemealprep #highprotein #fitness #weightlossrecipes #mealprep #mealideasforweightloss ♬ original sound – LWEP recipes
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY POTATO RECIPES?
AREN’T LOADED POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES HIGH CALORIE?
Not this one! We’re packing in a ton of chicken tenderloin to keep you in line with your low calorie diet! By replacing a few ingredients and adjusting the portions of others we’re able to make this a meal prep favorite. We’re using half of the bacon as a traditional recipe and instead of using high calorie ingredients like cream cheese or heavy cream were going to be using blended cottage cheese. You could get this even lower calorie by using fat-free shredded cheddar but I find full fat cheese to be worth the extra calories. This low calorie loaded potatoes recipe is quickly going to become a family favorite, especially when they don’t realize it’s a low calorie meal.
WHY MAKE THIS LOADED POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE
- These are low calorie high protein meals – guaranteed to leave you feeling full!
- It packs so much flavor you won’t know your eating diet food.
- Packed with full fat gooey cheese, bacon crumbles and delicious potatoes.
Russet Potatoes (If you have yukon gold potatoes use those!)
Chicken Tenderloin (or boneless skinless chicken breast)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or fresh sharp cheddar cheese)
Bacon Bits / Crumbles (or crispy bacon, crumbled)
Blended Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
Optional: fresh green onions for garnish
EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED
Prepared baking dish or prepared casserole dish (prepared just means spraying it with a tiny amount of cooking spray!)
HOW TO MAKE THIS LOADED POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE
For the full ingredient measurements and detailed instructions check out the recipe card below.
1. Pre heat oven to 400F
2. Dice potatoes and place potatoes on a large baking dish, make sure to spread them evenly (I use a sheet pan, you can use a casserole dish, casserole form or any large baking dish).
3. Bake potatoes in oven for 40 minutes.
4. While potatoes are baking dice chicken, place in large bowl, add oil, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Mix until coated.
5. Carefully remove potatoes from oven once baked, mix in raw chicken, spread evenly, place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
6. Once chicken is fully cooked add in bacon bits, blended cottage cheese, and the shredded cheddar. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes (you should have melty cheese when you remove it).
7. Serve immediately or split into 5 equal meal prep containers.
WHAT’S THE CALORIES / MACROS / NUTRITION INFORMATION?
Your new favorite easy dish is only 398 calories per serving. The entire recipe makes 5 servings.
The macros breakdown is: 31.2 g carbs, 12 g total fat, 40.6 g protein
CAN I MEAL PREP THIS LOADED POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE?
Yes! This is one of my favorite meal prep recipes! Make sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you need to store it longer you can freeze it for up to one month. If you want to add on some tangy sour cream I would add it in after reheating. I use daisy low fat sour cream to top this!
Another great way to make this if you have glass meal prep containers is to bake it in the containers. Wait what? what do you mean? Once you can split everything into your glass meal prep containers (just make sure they are rated for at least 400F and are oven safe) Split all ingredients equally into the containers following the steps above and bake everything in the container. You’ll only have to wait for them to cool, then cover and store in the fridge!
Connect With Us!
This helps us keep our recipes and weight loss resources free.
Tag @lwep.recipes or hashtag #loseweighteatpizza to show us your food!
Loaded Potato Casserole RecipeCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This low calorie high protein easy cheesy loaded potato casserole recipe packs 40g of protein and only 398 calories. It’s sure to become a family favorite!
7 Small Russet Potatoes (800g)
18 oz Chicken Tenderloin (510g)
1/2 tsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (112g)
1/2 cup Bacon Crumbles (56g)
Blended Low-Fat Cottage Cheese (224g)
Optional: fresh green onions for garnish
- Pre heat oven to 400F.
- Dice potatoes, Spread evenly on a large baking sheet or casserole dish.
- Bake potatoes in oven for 40 minutes.
- Dice chicken, place in large bowl, add oil, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Mix until coated.
- Remove potatoes from oven once baked, mix in raw chicken, spread evenly, place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Once chicken is fully cooked add in bacon bits, blended cottage cheese, and the shredded cheddar. Mix to comble. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or split into 5 equal meal prep containers.