Firecracker Beef & Brussels Sprouts can be eaten on it’s own, served with a side of rice or packed with a side of extra veggies to pack on the bulk without adding many calories. This recipe was developed and created by Josh the creator of The Meal Prep Manual. We’ve just tweaked the serving sizes of different parts of the recipe to fit into a lower calorie meal. This recipe has become a staple in our diet and we often sub out beef with chicken sausage to get this even lower calorie.
Firecracker Beef & Brussels SproutsCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
79 g (1/2 Cup) Cooked Rice
- BEEF & BRUSSELS
130 g (25 lbs) lean ground beef 93 / 7
65 g (.15 lbs) Brussels sprouts
14 g sweet onion
28 g poblano peppers
2.1 g minced garlic
1 g red pepper flakes
1/2 a stalk of green onion
1 slice of lime
2.1 g oil for cooking
- Firecracker Sauce
8.4 g hot sauce
2.8 g apple cider vinegar
12 g honey
2.1 g cornstarch
- MAKING THE RICE
- Make enough rice to yield 1/2 a cup of cooked rice, this should be about 1/4th of a cup of uncooked rice.
- MAKING THE SAUCE
- Mix honey, hot sauce, vinegar and cornstarch, stir or blend well until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- COOKING THE BEEF & BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Cut the stems off the Brussels and cut them in half.
- Chop the onion, green onions & poblano peppers into small cubes. Personally we buy tubes of garlic but if you are using fresh you’ll want to mince it.
- Coat the Brussels sprouts in oil, remember this should be the lightest coating you’ve ever done, like two drops out of an eye dropper. You do not need a lot of oil to get things to stick. Salt & pepper the Brussels.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the air fryer for 5-8 minutes. They should be browned and soft. If you aren’t careful they will burn so make sure to check on them frequently.
- Heat a skillet over medium to high heat and use the remainder of your oil. Add in onions, poblano peppers and red pepper flakes. Cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Add in your garlic
- Scoot the peppers & onions over in the skillet and dump in your beef on the other side, salt & pepper the beef to your liking.
- When your beef is almost done you’re going to add in the Brussels sprouts and pour in the sauce. Mix together and let it get a little thicker.