Game day is an event that people look forward to, especially when it comes to food. Whether it’s the The Big Game, the World Series, or just a regular Sunday game, a great snack is an essential part of the experience. And one snack that has become a game day staple is buffalo chicken dip.
Buffalo chicken dip is a crowd-pleaser, a delicious and spicy dip made with shredded chicken, cream cheese, and hot sauce. The creamy texture, combined with the tangy flavor of the hot sauce, makes it the perfect snack to enjoy while watching your favorite team compete.
In this recipe you can use store bought dip from the deli section of the supermarket or you can use the low calorie buffalo chicken dip recipe from my Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls recipe. Today I’m being lazy and I have a bunch of apps to make for game day so we’re going to be using store bought, Double check the calories of the dip you are using if they are listed – The dip I use in this recipe is 50 calories for 28 grams.
Buffalo Chicken Dip – Use store bought or make your own
Cooked Chicken – to bulk up the buffalo dip
0% Greek Yogurt
All Purpose Flour
Combine together your greek yogurt and flour until a dough forms, kneed together for about 45 seconds, split into 10 equal dough balls.
Combine your cooked chicken with the buffalo chicken dip (or if you are making your own you can skip this step. This is just to bulk up the store bought dip and give it more structure)
Flatten out the dough balls into flat circles, make sure not to stretch the centers too thin as they can break.
Scoop one spoonful (or 15-20g) of your buffalo chicken dip into the center of the dough, fold all sides up over the dip, making sure the top is now sealed together.
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees and lightly spray with cooking oil.
Place bombs in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes or until tops are golden brown, top with a drizzle of mild buffalo sauce.
What are the calories / macros?
Each buffalo chicken bomb is 95 calories.
This recipe makes 10 bombs.
Each buffalo chicken bomb has 12.4g carbs, 1.9 fat 6.3g protein.
Buffalo Chicken BombsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 cup 0% fat greek yogurt (224g)
1 1/4 cup all purpose Flour (150g)
1/2 cup buffalo chicken dip (100g)
2 ounces cooked chicken breast (60g)
- Preheat air fryer to 350F.
- Combine greek yogurt and all purpose flour, knead together until dough forms.
- Combine buffalo chicken dip with cooked chicken breast.
- Split dough into 10 equal balls, flatten out into circles making sure the center isn’t too thin.
- Add one spoonful of buffalo chicken dip to the center and fold up all sides over the top of the dip, pinching the center to seal off.
- Place in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes.
- Optionally drizzle with mild buffalo sauce to serve.
- make sure to lightly flour the surface you are spreading the dough on so it doesn’t stick
- don’t spread the dough too thin in the middle, it can break and all of your filling will fall out