Pesto is one of those things that you start to miss when you begin counting calories. A typical serving of pesto can have upwards of 240 calories. Luckily on a small pita pizza, you can get away with ~100 calories or so worth of pesto as a delicious topping.
The pepperoni pesto pizza is very simple to make. Gather up the ingredients as follows:
- 1 Joseph’s Pita (60 Calories)
- 1 Serving Trader Joe’s Lite Mozzarella (45 Calories)
- Prego Pizza Sauce (15 Calories)
- Pepperoni or Turkey Pepperoni (40 Calories)
- Pesto of your choice (100 Calories)
Once you have rounded up the ingredients, putting them together is the easy part. All you have to do is throw a bunch of stuff on a pita and throw it in the oven! It’s so easy a puppy could do it 🙂
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on Joseph’s Pita.
- Load up the pizza with cheese and pepperoni.
- Dip a knife or fork into a pesto container and shake it off onto the pizza evenly.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bake pizza for 7 minutes, then remove, cut and serve!
Let us know how you enjoyed our pepperoni pesto pizza by dropping a comment on our Facebook page! Follow us on social media for the best food recipes for all your calorie counting needs.